In previous articles, we discussed why on-premise applications do not make sense anymore in Latin America - because they offered no economies of scale. Why would you try to be an expert on e-invoicing compliance in Latin America? Don’t you rely on tax experts and consultants to keep up with the changes? Why then would you try to figure out how your IT systems need to be configured to stay compliant when you can pay a simple annual fee to set it and forget it.
If you answer yes to these questions, then you should be looking at making a change.
- Are we forced to install SAP OSS notes in order to comply with 3.1 upgrades, which causes disruption to the global COE?
- Do we have to pull resources off of previously scheduled projects to put out the fires every time Brazil makes a change?
- Are we having to regression test ECC due to all the SAP OSS note requirements that Brazil requires?
- Do we have three separate projects to implement with three separate teams (SAP upgrade, Middleware Upgrade, NFe solution upgrade?
- Is our upgrade project scheduled to take more than 10 days?
- Do we have to hire a systems integrator every time there is a change because we don’t have any subject matter experts?
The Hybrid Cloud Architecture is the only solution option that answers “no" to all the above questions. Users of Hybrid Cloud Nota Fiscal solutions have the following competitive advantages over their competition:
- Eliminates SAP ERP change management and day to day support issues
- Eliminates the IT staff from having to react to constant changes in legislation
- Allows for on premise contingency
- Takes advantage of economies of scale
- Provides the benefit of the managed service support so you have help when something goes wrong
- And when you add it all up, the Hybrid Cloud model lowers the total cost of maintaining SAP in throughout Latin America.
Alexandre Quinze, CIO of Philips recently interviewed: Although the company already had an integrated Nota Fiscal solution with their ERP in its operations, Quinze explains that the required upgrade to the NF-e module triggered the decision to analyze alternatives offered by the market at that time. "Our decision came down to upgrading the SAP GRC Nota Fiscal solution to issue electronic invoices (NF-e) and keep the entire infrastructure and annual maintenance or select an alternative solution based on Software as a Service (SaaS),” he says.
- "We had an 80% reduction in our costs from deploying the Invoiceware SaaS solution. We pay the SaaS fees, and all the infrastructure is provided by our provider "summarizes Quinze.
- By transitioning to the Invoiceware SaaS solution, Philips achieved a 25% increase in productivity among employees across all the business units of the Brazilian multinational.